Friday, September 02, 2005

wrinkle free

I hate ironing. I don't have to it very often, because I can wear t-shirts and jeans to work, but every once in a while I like to look a little snappy and this means that the iron must come out. Our iron happens to be called "the Sunbeam Touch and Go." I know they're trying to give the impression that ironing your clothes is a breeze with this appliance, but honestly I hate ironing so much and have ruined enough shirts that it is really a touch and go situation for me. More overwhelming than the hate I have for ironing is the lack of patience which Alex has for my behavior while struggling with the Touch and Go. This has worked to my advantage, not only because Alex is pretty handy with a hot iron, but he does not want to be around me while I attempt to press creases out, so he will iron for me, as to not hear my persistent and annoying whining. This sometimes makes me feel guilty, but if he's offering to make my clothes look good I'm usually not going to say no. Yesterday I felt kind of bad about him pressing my shirt because it was the day after his birthday and he didn't have any ironing to do for himself. But then he said in his best ladies' man voice, "Hey, don't feel bad. Just give me the shirt you want ironed. You choose it, I smooves it." How can I say no to that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh that alex - he's the funniest eye doctor around.
This DID make me laugh out loud.

love,
sis