Tuesday, September 20, 2005

lonely cat lady

Alex and I finally filed our "intent to vacate" with the University housing office. Like clockwork, the very next day we got a notice that they'll be showing our apartment to prospective tenants tomorrow morning at 10. The only problem with the showing is that we're not supposed have a cat, let alone two of them. I know they can't kick us out at this point, because we're leaving in less than 30 days, but I like to keep the illusion of a being good tenant going. So tonight we packed up all evidence of cat occupancy, shoved it under the guest bed and then took Zach and Ollie over to Jen's house for a sleepover. Because Zach has surgery on Friday I felt bad taking him to a strange place, but I know he's in good hands and this will give Ollie a chance to attack him in a new space.

Now Alex and I are sitting here enjoying the season premieres of My Name Is Earl and The Office and it's very quiet around here, a little too quiet. Although I have to admit that it is pleasant to watch an entire show without having to be poised with a water gun to discipline a kitten.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

behind already....tsk tsk tsk,

Anonymous said...

Dude, it's Thursday. Team Lucas is down for the count!