Thursday, September 22, 2005

elastic reinforcement

Today at lunch Christine, Greg and I could not help but overhear the woman at the table behind us SHOUTING a story to her friend as she gobbled up her tempura. It was all about how she met someone famous (I missed the first part of the story, so I can't name drop like she did), had her picture taken with him and had a conversation with him about how she saw him on Oprah and admired all the work he was doing for the tsunami victims. Apparently this very handsome celebrity had built some houses for victims or something. I also learned that this stunning superstar has an album coming out soon. Amazingly enough, when Loudy McLoud was done with the "brush with fame" story she was very demure and quiet. But then for the rest of lunch I was driving myself crazy trying to figure out who she was talking about.

Of course when I got back to work I googled a bunch of stuff about celebrity, Oprah and tsunami that got me nowhere. Then, unfortunately, I came across this
"Do you have a flabby tummy like me?" Susannah asks. "Spilling out over your too-tight, cute little pair of panties is a big no-no. You need a waistband on your panties that reaches up to your rib cage where there is less flab." Lots of elastic reinforcement will hold you in beautifully.

No waistband on any pants, especially underwear, should ever go up to your rib cage. I'm all about looking good, but c'mon ladies, I also like to breathe.

No comments: