Thursday, June 02, 2005

I am so out of here

Tomorrow morning Alex and I head out to the land where leaves change color in the fall, snow comes down in the winter and thunderstorms happen in the summer. I'm visiting Boston for a wedding, but I'm staying a whole week for the thunderstorms (and to see my sister and her kick ass family).

I've been so stressed out all week trying to finish up everything at work, cleaning up after 9 days of house guests, saying goodbye to some friends who are leaving the state for good and then for some reason I put all this pressure on myself to find some fabulous outfit for this wedding on Saturday. Truth be told I don't really care what I wear, but I can't wear any of my old clothes because I've gained over 10 pounds since October... sitting around feeling sorry for myself and my busted vestibular system. look out, here comes the whaaaaa-mbulance.

I went shopping today at Anthropologie which is actually a store for wealthy, tall, sultry, anorexic ladies, but I gave it a shot anyways. The store itself is pleasant enough to be in and the staff is very attentive to customers who are using the dressing rooms. I'm not used to that kind of attention and it makes me a little uncomfortable. I think that when I'm trying stuff on instead of the gracious employee asking me "How's it going in there?" or "do you need a smaller size?" she might want to try "How's your low self esteem doing?" or "Are you feeling fat and dumpy enough yet?" Buying clothes for a specific event at the last minute never really pans out, does it?

So off to Boston I go, with a smile on my face and song in my heart, for I am now about to pack way too many clothes so I can try them all on everyday and annoy Alex by wailing out "does this make me look faaaaaat?"

No comments: