Tuesday, February 07, 2006

recovering

I think I'm almost done with this icky flu thing. Besides coughing up the occasional lung chunk or getting a head rush from standing up too fast, I'm feeling pretty good. I will now share with you a photo of the bounty that Alex left for me on Friday before he left for work: My favorite part was the pudding, so soothing and delicious for swollen tonsils. My least favorite part was the Robitussin. I avoided it until Alex forced me to take some on Friday night. And when I say some I mean too much, I'm pretty sure he made me O.D.. About an hour ingesting the Robo I was convinced there were critters crawling up and down my arms. Alex came into the bedroom to find me slapping myself and mumbling about bugs. The next day he informed me that over the course of the evening my hallucinations had graduated to some form of Tourette syndrome - I would sleep for about 20 minutes and then wake up and repeatedly and violently shout "FUCK! It wasn't me!" or "SHIT! I didn't do it!" Apparently this cycle continued for a few hours, luckily I don't remember any of it.

No comments: