Monday, February 06, 2006

boregon

I'm sure Oregon is a lovely state, but I only witnessed the outdoor part at night, so I think I missed out on a lot. I was there last Sunday - Tuesday for work and I only saw the insides of a few buildings, including hotels. From one of the offices we visited I got a glimpse of the mountains, and on our three hour drive from Bend to Eugene I could make out a lot of snow piled up on the sides of the pass. I think there was a covered bridge somewhere along the way, but it was hard to see stuff in the dark.

The worst part of the trip (besides catching the flu from Hell) was the flight from SFO to Redmond. I've never been on a prop plane before and much to my delight I was able to sit in the seat where I had a perfect view of the propeller. I actually wasn't too bothered by the whole thing until we were coming for the landing and we hit 60mph cross winds. I tried to play it cool and act like I was okay by continuing to knit, but in reality my palms were sweaty and the blanket I was making suffered deeply due my angst.

I wouldn't mind going back there, because that mountain pass would have been a lot more fun to drive through during the day... with friends.

1 comment:

Dee said...

At least you weren't crying out of control until you started to hyperventilate like I did the last time I was on a plane. That was a commercial airline too! I'm so ashamed.