Sunday, September 19, 2004

BANG H8

Last night was another episode in the Bay Area Night Games series. Dave and Greg put it together and it was cleverly titled, as it was the 8th race and took place in the Haight.

Our team was the Angry Monkeys and we had a big team of 6. Because there were so many of us we were much more successful than last time I participated in BANG, we only had to get one hint. Well, we also called Greg around 11:30 when we got tired of trying to solve the last puzzle. After a half hour of freezing our asses off and trying to figure it out puzzle #10 we finally tossed in the towel and asked Greg where the finish line was. He met us and explained the last puzzle, but we didn't write it down on our answer sheet, because that would be cheating. And monkeys never cheat.

I will admit that walking around the Haight between 7:30 and 11:30 on a Saturday night wouldn't usually be at the top of my list of things to do in San Francisco, but this gave me a reason to do it and figure out for myself why I don't feel the need to do it again any time soon. And certainly not while carrying a clipboard and sporting a dorky headlamp. Although, that kind of made me feel like I might fit in with some of the crowd there.

Here's the puzzle which we took the penalty and got the hint for. (everyone in the neighborhood was really nice about letting us sit on their stoop to solve things and get our paperwork in order.)



Greg came by to ask us for a copy of one of the puzzles, because he had locked himself out of HQ. I tried to bribe him for a hint. No dice.

No comments: