Monday, August 16, 2004

it's not okay

Today I strayed from my usual lunch plans, I wasn't hungry because for some mysterious reason I spent all day yesterday eating as if I had been stranded on a foodless island for three months. Instead of eating lunch today I ran errands and the following occurrences all fall under the category of:

it's not okay

*that size 7 acrylic knitting needles only come in pink at the store I went to

*to have Halloween decorations and candy displayed in the middle of August

*for me to have gone into a Big K

*that We Built This City was playing in the Big K

*for the screeching alarm to go off in the Big K and the only woman who has the power to turn it off is too busy stocking shelves

*that any schmo can pick up a ladle and serve up a helping of Signature Soups smack dab in the middle of a Safeway supermarket

*there are vats in Safeway labeled "Cravin' Crab & Sweet Corn Chowder" and "Stompin' Steakhouse"

I should have just gone to Vietnamese with everyone else, and remained sheltered from the wilds of San Mateo.

No comments: