Wednesday, April 28, 2004

low self esteem

I've been suffering from low self esteem, and for any fellow sufferers I'm sure you know how it can take it's toll on everything you do. From tap dancing to filling out a purchase order I've been second guessing my every move I make and wondering what am I good at, anyways?

I'm sure this condition will turn itself around as quickly and as unexpectedly as it hit, and I'll look in the mirror sometime next week and say "oh, okay, I don't look like a troll". Or show up in tap class without the idea that everyone had a meeting after the last class regarding what a terrible dancer I am. But until then I have to rely on outside forces to get me through the day, I have to actively look for the positive things around me to remind me why I get out of bed everyday.

So far today I've depended on:
* the fact that I trained my cat to do a trick
* my fabulous sunroof
* the awesome power of Justin Timberlake's human beat box
* the man who opened the door for me today and said "Do drop in, won't you?"
* salad

Beyond those things I'm on my own, so hopefully this low self esteem business will blow over soon, because there's only so much salad a girl can eat.