Sunday, August 24, 2003

Today was the first time I experienced a hot day in San Francisco. Not that I spend a lot of time over there, because after all, I live in the East Bay, and for some reason find it crippling to cross the bridge. I met up with my pal Wil and we did some window shopping while sweating. I think it's the first time I've sweat (without being on a treadmill or rowing machine) since we moved out here two years ago. We stopped in the first store that was open and I thought something was wrong with me because I picked up a bag I thought was kind of neat and suddenly sweat was pouring down my face. I thought to myself "I don't like this bag that much", it's clearly been a while since I've dealt with any kind of heat. Nevertheless, I thought the sweating was okay, because I miss the summers in Boston. A little sweat helps me to remember what season it is. I still find it a little confusing when I can eat Thanksgiving dinner on my patio with a t-shirt on.
The window shopping was pretty fun, but I got to feeling a little sad, being jobless and all. Even though I couldn't afford most of that stuff when I had a job there was at least the potential. Now it's just a giant wish list of things that I don't really need. Things like glassware and vases and books. Coffee table books. We don't even have a coffee table.

No comments: