Thursday, July 20, 2006

tiny update

My sister and her family moved out here this weekend and I couldn't be happier. Even though my nephew stopped eating his yogurt mid-spoonful to inform me that I am an old woman I'm so very glad they're all here.

Irene and Ollie are getting along famously, they even share food and toys. I thought she was over her biting phase until this morning. As she rubbed her head on my leg I told her how sweet she was and then she unhinged that little jaw of hers and gave my heel a run for it's money. She sure showed me where flattery will get me.

Alex's radioactive tests came back clean, so we still have no idea what caused him to lose 3 pints of blood. What we do know is that he gets to swallow a mini camera pill thingy to take some pictures of his guts. We can't wait, it's like the ultimate gadget. I hope they print out some pictures for us, then we can hang them up right next to all the MRI pictures of my brain and sonogram print outs of the baby. We'll have a whole wall of untraditional family photos, it will be fabulous.

In pregnancy news, I bid a fond farewell to my ankles this week and finally ripped the seam on one of my cheap, large t-shirts from Target. My attempts to make it to the end of October with only 5 pieces of real maternity clothing have officially been thwarted. I give in and I'll spend this weekend buying some things I can only wear until November. I'll be on the look out for this, this and this, because that's what pregnant women like, right?

1 comment:

Team Mayer said...

good god those tshirts are horrible!!! give your sis a big hug for me and tell her congrats on the move! xoxo lisa p