Friday, December 09, 2005

how to disappoint your nephew

1. Buy a gift for your nephew and shove it in a closet for a year.
2. Discover toy in closet when you move and put it in box to ship to nephew.
3. Bring the box containing the toy to your office and let it sit there for a month.
4. Find out from your sister that your nephew has actually been wanting that same exact toy.
5. Finally ship the toy to your nephew without even wrapping it.
6. Have your nephew find out, after waiting over a year for his gift, that the toy does not actually do what is pictured on box.

I was not there to witness the small meltdown in the tub, but apparently these dolphins do not actually make a perfect circle, which is clearly what is making this boy so very happy. They are disobedient dolphins and they will not conform to your circle needs. Damn you, Tomy, for your false circle promises, you made my nephew cry.

The worst part about it all was that I spoke to my nephew on the phone before I talked to my sister about the tub episode and I asked him if he loved the dolphins and he replied "well (long pause), I liiiiiiike the dolphins."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that boy sounds like he is the cutest boy ever! and the smartest!
-totally anonymous, non-biased faithful reader

Dee said...

Actually, the worste part is that a year ago he probably would have cared less about the geometric structure of the dolphins!