Wednesday, March 17, 2004

back to the grind of the day to day work. The big ol' project is over and I can finally sit at my desk without grinding my teeth every time I hear the phone ring or the bing of an email alert. I actually opened my sunroof on the drive in today and enjoyed the smell as I drove past the bread factory.

Last week was all about four days in San Diego, one starting at 3am. We only saw the sun on the last day. Which we didn't much care about anyways because we were all working on about 4 hours of sleep. for the entire weekend.

Since the past two weeks were so consumed by work I can honestly say I didn't enjoy my birthday as much as I wanted to, but Alex had a small dinner party for me the Friday before my birthday and I had dinner at my favorite restaurant with other friends on my actual birthday. Even though thoughts of the work project kept gnawing in the back of my head I had a nice time at both events, I got to spend time with almost all my friends and eat some pretty great food. It was, however, a little frightening when I realized that the older I get the role of food on my birthday becomes more and more prominent and inevitable. Come to think of it, my coworkers took me out to lunch for my b-day as well, and while there we having lunch we discussed what food I would be partaking of that evening. I am having trouble buttoning some of my pants this week.

I also had a life changing experience; I received TiVo as a gift. TV will never be the same for me. Alex knew exactly what I wanted (because I told him everyday for about a month) and now he is officially an enabler to my addiction. I could go on and on about my new pal TiVo and all the fun we're having, but I think I can sum it up like this: pair my brazen love for TV with my enthusiasm for efficiency. Words cannot describe the bliss. Coaxed by TiVo and it's ability to CHOOSE SHOWS FOR ME I may confront some bad decisions as far as reality TV is concerned, but I somehow feel justified in my zeal because I can skip over commercials.

please don't judge us. TiVo and I think we can make this thing last.

No comments: