Wednesday, January 11, 2006

hit me with your Jesus stick?

Over the holiday break (yes, I know I'm not officially in school, but my job gave me a week and a half of free vacation) Alex and I went DVD crazy and watched the entire first season of Lost... in 3 days. After watching the first 24 episodes we realized that we could potentially catch up with the second season, you know, so we could watch the show like normal people. I frantically consulted with TiVo to see if he could score any season 2 for me, but he told me all he could get was a new episode on January 11. I was like "dude, it's January 1, you know I can't go that long without." Then TiVo shrugged his shoulders and offered me an episode of 24, so I cheated on him with iTunes. I bought what I could of the second season of Lost and then Alex and I were safe again. We hunkered down with the laptop and watched the remaining 9 episodes and were prepared to join the rest of the viewing flock tonight's new episode.

I have to admit that I felt a little let down. There's something sad about having 33 episodes at your fingertips and then being forced to sit down and watch only one at a time. Luckily, tonight's episode didn't leave me on the edge of my seat, so I don't have to worry about the DTs while waiting a whole week to see a new one. On the plus side, I can now have a civil conversation with my coworkers at lunch tomorrow instead of resorting to "LA LA LA LA I'M NOT LISTENING TO THIS LA LA LA LA LA" while character analyses are being knocked around and plot lines are revealed.

1 comment:

Dee said...

Oh sure, where were you when I was looking for ideas on what to do on my Christmas vacation? I could have come to CA to watch LOST! Actually, it probably would have cost less than all the stuff I did!