Tuesday, December 07, 2004

minimal decorations = maximum creepy

Last night while Alex diligently studied for the National Board Exams in Optometry, I put 5 Christmas decorations out. My sister gave me some elves a few years ago, ones that looked just like the kind we had when we were growing up. Instead of hanging them on the tree, my Mom would always hang them from the lamps in the living room. It never seemed out of place to me... until I did it in my own home. Now I realize that it's kind of weird to have some little Snap, Crackle or Pop guy all up in your grill while you're trying to unwind on the couch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those little elves really remind me of going to Nana's house when we all used to get dressed up in red...I still think our parents planned it that way! I have some pictures of me as an infant with one in my mouth.
-Diana