Wednesday, October 20, 2004

stats

My misfortune is directly proportional to the Red Sox's success. It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make to help reverse the curse, but let's hope it doesn't end up crippling me.

First I had a sluggish Sunday, where everything I tried to accomplish took way too long and ended poorly, but the Red Sox won. Next I remembered I had jury duty and the Red Sox won again. Then I found out my obligation to jury duty would result in my missing the craft fair at work, after I toiled so long at my knitting and sculpting, and the Red Sox won again. And at last, this evening on my way home, as the Red Sox were kicking serious ass, I got rear ended. My precious Matrix is no longer untainted, it now knows the paint of another and is in desperate need of a new back bumper. But all of this is unimportant, because if my mild whiplash means victory for the Red Sox then give me a neck brace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should stay at home until the world series is over! That way the Sox win and Cori stays safe and all is well!

Anonymous said...

Please don't get rear-ended any more. The really important thing is we have to send Ben out of the country for all future playoff games. Shit, we have to down his plane Cat Stevens -style and send him back before the World Series starts.